Hanover currently has the following vacancies based in both Lewes – UK and Chicago – USA
We are looking to recruit for the following roles, please click the links below for job descriptions:
Embedded Software Engineers – UK Based
Job Description: Embedded Software Engineer – July 2019
- Degree in Computer Science and/or electronics related subject
- 2+ years in an embedded systems environment
- Strong skills in design & development using either/both of the C and C++ programming languages. Where appropriate, a good appreciation of the similarities and differences between the two.
- Demonstrably conversant with using modern SW design and development practices – Design Patterns, version control, unit testing etc.
- Knowledge and use of serial communication standards and protocols
- Good experience in developing under at least one RTOS
- Demonstrable aptitude for self-management through the development lifecycle
- Experience in working with small teams to turnaround small projects in fast timescales
- Able to deliver quality work without supervision, but comfortable working in a team
- Experience in guiding and developing others at a more junior level
- Ability to work across the levels of Sales, Development, Manufacturing etc.
- Experience in working within an ISO90001 Quality system and contributing to its development
- Excellent standards of verbal and written communication.
Repair Technician – UK Based
Job Description: Repair Technician – July 2019
- Minimum HNC/HND/OND in Electronics or relevant electronic discipline.
- Analogue and Digital Electronics.
- 3 years electronics repair, test and engineering experience within a relevant manufacturing environment, using best practice repair/test techniques.
- Expertise in hand soldering and use of rework station. IPC certification an advantage.
- Competence in the navigation of circuit diagrams and assembly drawings.
- Attention to detail
- Experience of soldering and rework of soldering related faults
- Preferred – IPC-A-610 Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies
- Preferred – IPC J-STD-001 Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies
- Good hand skills and eyesight
- Experience in the handling of electronic assemblies (ESD, EOS, safe handling).
Production Office Administrator – UK Based
Job Description: Production Administrator – July 2019
- Day to day application, support, and data entry for Microsoft Dynamics 2012 system.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Assist Operations in the creation and development of Standard Work Instructions.
- Promote and support a safe working environment in line with Company objectives.
- Obtain, analyse and report production data to support fact-based business decisions
- Working with the production team to improve product quality control
- Working closely with sales, purchasing and production to ensure products are delivered on time
- Attending and contributing to planning meetings as necessary
- Firming of planned orders to meet the ERP schedule
- Raising works orders to keep production busy
- Adding confirmed delivery dates to sales orders
- Ending works orders each month so financial closing can take place
- Assessing item usage and adjusting stock minimums accordingly
- Ability to walk urgent orders through the system and liaise with necessary departments
- Reverse orders and understand the impacts upon stock and WIP
- Aid in monitoring sales order product lead times
Technical Support Site Technician – UK Based
Job Description: Technical Support Site Technician – July 2019
- Assemble, install, fix, maintain and refurbish the full range of Hanover products.
- Test, find faults and repair equipment in the field.
- Train junior engineers.
- Respond to callouts and attend client’s premises.
- To contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and directed by Department Management
- To carry out any other duties as deemed necessary by your Department Manager
Mechanical Engineer – UK Based
Job Description: Mechanical Engineer – July 2019
- The design and modification of sheet and extruded metal housings for Hanover’s product range
- The design of suitable brackets for mounting of Hanover products in customer applications
- To provide 3D models of new product to assist in tendering\quoting process’s
- The design and development of cable assemblies and system wiring diagrams
- Visit to customer sites in both the UK and worldwide
- Production support for both the UK and worldwide Production facilities
- To contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed and directed by Team or Department Management.
Apprentice Production Engineer – UK Based
Job Description: Apprentice Production Engineer – June 2019
- To provide Engineering support, by determining and implementing the most appropriate methods and equipment for production needs.
- To work with the Operations and Design teams to deliver manufacturing solutions to production against deliverables of cost, quality and schedule.
- You would be working closely with all departments to promote accuracy and consistency of data concerning the manufacturing, operations and inventory system.
Technical Support Engineer – UK Based
Job Description: Technical Support Engineer – May 2019
- Working with a team answering technical electronic questions with customers via telephone or e-mail, occasional site visits could also be required
assisting in the maintenance and support of current hardware and software
- You are likely to be working on several projects at any one time. You will be working on aspects of a project ranging from specifying suitable hardware
during initial consultation, through to implementation of Hanover software on the vehicle, and also installations on site.
- Reporting directly to the Technical Support Manager and/or a designated intermediary. You are likely to work with Sales, R&D and Production staff as
well as other members of the Technical Support team.
- Occasional customer site visits, including overseas and possible night work, will be required as you will be supporting US, Australia and New Zealand
Hanover currently employs over 250 staff with a wide range of skills, including assembly and production work, electronics testing and repairs, mechanical engineering, hardware and software design, purchasing, administration and sales. We are always interested to hear from any keen, self-motivated workers, who would like to be part of a successful, international and growing business.
If you would like to be considered for any future vacancies, please send your CV to:
email@example.com for UK based vacancies
firstname.lastname@example.org for US based vacancies